Saturday, June 13, 2009

A New Beginning...

Just setting up this blog site represents a new beginning. I am trying to advance my knowledge of technology, though there is no way I can keep up with my children or grandchildren. For a Grammy who is computer-challenged, it can be intimidating to even begin to do something like this. My daughters say, "It's easy Mom. You can do it!" Well, I have discovered that anything can be easy IF you know how to do it. But when you do not know what you are doing, no matter how user-friendly the advertisments proclaim, new technological experiences can cause intimidation. However, I am determined to persevere and not allow a machine to get the best of me!

My “blog” is actually a continuation of a journal I have been writing for over 18 months. In January, 2008, I was diagnosed with breast cancer, and with the encouragement of my daughters and Charlie, my husband, I began "journaling my journey." Recording what was happening in my life during cancer surgery and months of treatment, along with all God was teaching me during that time, became great therapy in my life. I didn’t think anyone would read the journal, but discovered, much to my surprise, that people actually did read it. Their responses of love, encouragement and prayers were precious gifts to me. Recently, the Lord began prompting me to continue writing, thus this blog.

As with my CaringBridge journal, I am writing primarily for myself, to record the things God is teaching me. There is so much I need to learn. And knowing God’s principles in my mind is not enough. I want to know them in my heart and then demonstrate His will in the actions and attitudes of my life.

I love the way technology allows us to "share life" in new ways. Perhaps that is why I have determined to persevere in this "new beginning." There are several blogs that I follow regularly and several that I read occasionally when I have an extra few minutes. I especially love reading blogs by several younger women who are sharing the process of life and wisdom with each other. Thank you to each of you who have encouraged me to take advantage of this medium of communication.

If you are interested in reading my CaringBridge journal or know someone who is walking through cancer diagnoses or treatment and who needs encouragement, you can go to CaringBridge.org and sign in on my website using suzannet. You will need to give your email address and set up your own password, but those who originated CaringBridge are very careful to protect names and information.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the start of a new blog, a new chapter! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of your new blog and will post it on my blog roll. I love the title -- who knew that the garden would be such a neat place of growth for you AND the veggies! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congradulations on your new blog and turning over a new leaf in life. I am so excited for you. I am also computer challenged. It is really sad to be computer challenged when your husband is in the IT business but it is a learning process.
    Pamela Ringener

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is such a fantastic idea! I am excited and filled with anticipation to be able to get a glimpse of what you share on this blog. I love your insights!!

    Love you, Suzanne!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you had to say in your "about me".
    You have raised a wonderful daughter, even though I personally have not met her, except through her words..she has made me laugh and examine my own life and thoughts. That is what blogging is all about... a big ole garden of support. Good luck on your new bloggin experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog as I was browsing the web, and I hope you become as savvy as you wish to be! I'll check back for new posts soon...

    ReplyDelete